I'm Liz Watt
I’m a creative, educator and author. I’m a truth seeker, free thinker, spiritual ally and awakening soul. Learning, writing, painting, yin yoga, beach walks, systems and chai tea all bring me joy….
I support smart, creative people like you to navigate awakening, find purpose to design and create your purpose-led life.
Because the world needs what you have to give.
Now more than ever…
I’ve spent my life trying to find purpose, meaning, and why I am here. This constant quest has shown me what not to do and what to do.
I’ve worked as a retail assistant, an architect, project manager, lecturer, tutor, and ebay reseller. Now I’m an author, writer and online educator.
I am lucky to have finally created a life where my work, life, and spiritual self overlap and are (mostly) aligned. You can often find me sitting in a café in the sun, drinking a chai, journaling, writing, reading or brainstorming. These days the simple things satisfy me.
My life has not always been like this. My journey has been tumultuous. I am not one of those people who had an inner calling at age five and knew exactly who they were and what they wanted to be. I was the opposite.
The Full Story
I followed all the rules. I did exactly what they told me to do.
I spent much of my life living the way I was supposed to live, doing what I was supposed to do and trying to be who I was supposed to be.
I studied hard, got good grades, a degree, a good job, and built a big, bold successful career in architecture and project management.
I climbed the corporate ladder, conformed to societies expectations. I was constantly working, constantly tired, constantly just getting by and trying to get ahead - and waiting for the promised rewards to come. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting…
Despite the success, it didn’t feel good. Life was struggle.
I became obsessed with figuring out money and business as the promised path to financial and personal freedom. I invested in personal development and wealth creation - books and courses and mentors and masters, coaches, gurus, masterminds and seminars.
I worked on myself, trying to “fix” all the things that coaches, mentors and gurus told me needed fixing.
I attempted multiple income strategies - the share market, eBay, real estate, online businesses, consulting businesses, the same job with different companies, different jobs with the same company. I left multiple jobs, multiple times, to start a business or financial endeavour that worked for a while, and then didn’t.
Focussing on making money wasn't the answer
I went down the spiritual, new-age path… I worked through my “checklists” of gratitude, and affirmations and vision boards and meditations, and sure, some things changed, but nothing dramatic. Or permanent. Everything still felt like hard work.
I burned out and broke my self… Multiple times. I created a wakeup call to start to live and work very differently. It forced me to stop trying to find answers in the same place, and to choose to uncover what was really going on in the world, and why, no matter what I tried, I could not get it to work for me. And ultimately to figure out how to make it work.
I went in search of truth… I wanted more than futile “six-figure-strategies” of business coaches building a business teaching you how to build a business. I wanted more than superficial self-development and new-age, mass-produced spirituality. I wanted to know what was the point of all this, what was really happening in the world, and my life, and why, and how it all connects together.
I needed to know the bigger picture… beyond business and money and the physical world of capitalism and consumerism.
I started to put together all the pieces of the puzzle I had been collecting, from how the universe works, how money and business and the system of life in the Western world actually works, and how to be successful in it, to how human beings function and why we are the way we are, and what the heck might be wrong with me.
I realised that of most of what we have been told is a lie…
Most of us come into this world, and are told how things are, what is expected of us and what we are supposed to do… from parents, peers, teachers, society, government, and everyone around us. We are told that life is what it is, and we are supposed to go to school, and get a job, a car, a mortgage, a family.
Except it’s not.
The world we live in is completely imagined and manufactured by human minds. It is just one option for human life, built on systems of capitalism, consumerism, greed, fear, production and waste. Everything that we are told are the way things are, are designed to feed into this system for the benefit of a few wealthy and powerful individuals.
For the rest of us, life becomes a struggle of survival, working day to day to make the money to pay the rent, with some minor relief as we drop mindlessly exhausted in front of a TV or computer screen or glass of wine at the end of the day.
The world we live in has been created and agreed on collectively by the humans who adhere to the rules we have been told.
For many, deep down, we know that this is not how we are supposed to live, and a long-forgotten part of us whispers in our ear, constantly tapping at our shoulder, begging us to question, ask, and go in search of something deeper, more, and closer to the truth of who and what we really are and how things are supposed to be, or could be.
The way we currently live is out of whack, disconnected and incongruent from nature, the planet, the people and our true selves. The way we are supposed to live is integrated and aligned with nature, the planet, the people and our true selves.
Except we have forgotten it all.
I’m here to support you through the process of ascension, remembering and awakening to truth.
Finding a sense of internal peace in the way you work and live comes from:
• Understanding who you are, how the world and the universe works, and what you are truly here to do.
• Redefining and designing a way of work and life that aligns and integrates with your true self and the natural order of everything.
• Trusting yourself and your inner intuition to follow the path that is right for you.
When you have clear purpose and focus, it changes everything.
For many years I was disconnected from myself, my soul and my purpose and my life reflected this. I spent so much time trying to figure out who I was supposed to be and what I was supposed to do.
My inner voice was always guiding me, even when I did not recognise it. Yours is too.
Everything in my life led to my purpose and this moment in time. Everything in your life leads to your purpose. You just need to step back and find a different perspective to see.
I don’t have it all sorted yet. I’m not going to pretend I do.
I’ve just figured out (the long way) a lot of things that have helped me understand the world and my place in it. And why, no matter what I did, I didn’t feel good in this world, and how by re-connecting to my true self I can change the way I work, live and show up.
If you’re here, chances are that something in this world doesn’t feel right to you. There’s probably something for you to learn.
So check it out, take what works for you, and let go of the rest, and then keep searching.
It’s the only way you’re really going to find your path and objective truth.
The choice is yours…
My Path To Awakening And Purpose
My adult life can be broken down into a series of phases, each beginning with some kind of reinvention, and ending with a dark night of the soul. These phases are not going around in circles, but spiralling upward (hopefully with some kind of increasing awareness!)
You might see some crazy patterns in here...
CLICK TO EXPAND - The Timeline Of My Life
Melbourne, Australia, the 70's
Siem Reap, Cambodia, 2005
Jodphur, India, 2005
Trying to "find myself" as a fake blonde. Some self-development course, 2011-ish
Sometime before the 1980’s
• I was born…
• Worked in my favourite and longest (5 years) job ever at Civic video
• Studied, graduated, registered, practiced and stopped practicing as an architect
• Lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast and London and backpacked through Europe and Asia
• Began questioning the meaning of life after 9/11- because buildings do not fall down like that!!
• Experienced my first dark night of the soul
• Reimagined my career and life for the first time and moved into project management
• Started and stopped studies in law and business in search of something missing
• Bought a house with a white picket fence, realised I did not want to live in a house with a white picket fence, then moved to Melbourne looking for something more
• Experienced my second dark night of the soul
• Reimagined my career and life for the second time in another new city, still working in the corporate world
• Discovered wealth creation and started exploring property, the sharemarket, traditional business and online marketing - as possible escapes from the rat race
• Discovered personal development and new ways of thinking and living - realised the answer is not always in the external, physical world
• Began a deep dive into topics like self-improvement, quantum physics, spirituality, business, conspiracy theories (that are proving not to be theory), the human condition, reality, health, relationships…
• Tried multiple times to start businesses and escape form corporate-land but couldn’t get it to work - kept going back
• Experienced my third dark night of the soul and burned out with chronic fatigue big time!!
• Reimagined my career and life for the third time to teach design and architecture, work less and reconnect with my soul - I realised I had to find a way to live differently
• Divinely inspired to start writing my first book “Unity” in 2019
• Divinely inspired to start this business and share what I had learned… then stopped
• Spent 186 days alone in a one-bedroom apartment in the world’s most locked-down city (Melbourne) then left
• Experienced my fourth dark night of the soul - but way faster, with so much understanding and more inspired than before!
• Relocated back to the Gold Coast, Australia - and experience my family in a totally new way
• Reimagined my career and life for the fourth time and committed to working for myself
• Started seriously building my YouTube Channel “Liz Watt | Aligned”
• Finished and published my first book “Unity | How the universe, the world and YOU really work”
• Developed and launched my first program, “Essence | Archetype Starter Kit”
If you want to know more, here are five things you might not know about me.
01 | I’ve had 40+ “jobs” or employers in 30 years, some truly awful. It took a while, but I finally realised I was never meant to be an employee and became determined to finally figure out business.
02 | At heart, I am a true introvert. My extroversion and confidence to organise a crowd is a learned skill. Nothing pleases me more than to curl up with a chai, a journal, my favourite fountain pen and my inner world.
03 | I thought I was in love once, but today have a deeper understanding of what love is and realise it wasn’t. It was a combination of fears, anxiety, expectation, unworthiness, neediness and disappointment that I mistook for "chemistry." Now I start with loving myself.
04 | I do my best to be grateful for everything - the good, bad and ugly. I never feel as humble or grateful for everything in my life as I do when I travel to a developing country and a family who lives in a dirt-floor shack in Cambodia invites you to share their meal. When I find myself surrounded by people complaining about life and ignorant of their freedoms and gifts, it’s time for a reality check.
05 | I have a natural ability to draw and paint. I dip into it on and off. My easel is set up for the first time in years, and I know inspiration is near. I'll let you know when it happens...
In case you want it, here's the Official Bio...
I am a registered architect, educator, creator, writer, and online business owner… an author, truth seeker, free thinker, spiritual ally and awakening soul.
I have formal qualifications in design, architecture and business administration, and over fifteen years experience as an architect and project manager, and nine years as an educator - both online and face-to-face. I have undertaken extensive independent study in many areas including human potential, psychology, law, business, art and design.
I have worked on complex building design projects to $100m+ with private and government organisations to Executive, Board and CEO level, including Melbourne Business School, the University of Melbourne, Holmesglen TAFE, AirServices Australia, Toyota, the Victorian Department of Justice, and the Australian Department of Defence.
Since 2015 I have taught, lectured and tutored in the areas of architecture, design, communications, construction and professional practice at a range of universities including the The University of Queensland, Griffith University, The University of Melbourne and Monash University.
It has taken me many years to realise I am happiest when I have variety, multiple diverse projects on the go and the freedom to pick and choose. This is now what drives my work, projects and creative pursuits. Outside of my work I love learning, writing, painting, yin yoga, beach walks, systems and chai tea. I am a perpetual student of life.
Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment TAE40110
Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
Registered Architect | ARBV#16911
Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) (1st and 2nd years only)
Bachelor of Architecture (Honours IIa)
Bachelor of Design Studies
Access Consciousness® Bars Practitioner
The Art Of Feminine Presence™ | Teacher Training Level I
Equilibration Process® Practitioner
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner
NLP Presenter & Trainer | Level I
Master Ericksonian Hypnotherapist
The whole point of this game of life is to remember who you are and why you are here - as a spiritual being having an experience in human form. Then master yourself. That's it!
So let's figure this out together...