I’m Liz Watt
I’m a creative, educator and author. I’m a truth seeker, free thinker, spiritual ally and awakening soul. Learning, writing, painting, yin yoga, beach walks, systems and chai tea all bring me joy…
I help smart, creative people like you navigate awakening, find purpose and design and create an aligned business and life.
Because the world needs what you have to give.
Now more than ever…
stuck, I’ve spent my life trying to find purpose, meaning, and why I am here. I finally figured out it was there the whole time.
I am lucky to have finally created a life where my work, life, and spiritual self are integrated and aligned. My life has not always been like this. My journey has been tumultuous. I am not one of those people who had an inner calling at age five and knew exactly who they were and what they wanted to be. I was the opposite.
I spent much of my life following the rules, living the way I was supposed to live, doing what I was supposed to do and being who I was supposed to be. I waited to be happy and successful, feel good and reap the rewards. It didn’t work. In hindsight, it was never going to work.
For many years I was disconnected from myself, my soul and my purpose and my life reflected this. I spent so much time trying to figure out what I was supposed to do and constantly changing direction, trying to find the answers. Despite my apparent career success in the eyes of the outside world, I often felt messy, stuck, frustrated, chaotic and directionless.
My inner voice was always guiding me, even when I did not recognise it. Yours is too.
Looking back, everything in my life led to this moment in time. Everything in your life follows your purpose. You just need to find a different perspective to see.
Only when you stop looking outwards and turn inwards do you finally find what you are looking for. It is only when you have tried everything and spent a lifetime searching outside yourself that you realise you had the answers the whole time.
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH YOU. EVERYTHING.
Purpose is not something you find. Your purpose is what has been guiding your entire life and leading you to here. You just have to be ready to uncover it.
My search for purpose finally revealed helping people design and create a purpose-led business and life is my purpose. I’m here to help you create yours.
Path Of A Purpose-Led Life
My adult life can be broken down into a series of phases, each beginning and ending with some kind of reinvention and dark night of the soul. These phases are not going around in circles, but spiralling upwards…
Sometime before the 1990’s
- I was born…
HANGING OUT WITH TIDDLES THE CAT, MID 70’S
SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA, 2005 | one of my fave places
- Worked in my favourite and longest (5 years) job ever at Civic video
- Studied, graduated, registered, and practised as an architect
- Lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast and London and backpacked through Europe and Asia
- Began questioning the meaning of life after 9/11- because buildings do not fall down like that
- Experienced my first dark night of the soul
- Stopped practicing as an architect
- Reimagined and pivoted my career and life for the first time and moved into project management
- Started and stopped studies in law and business in search of something missing
- Bought a house with a white picket fence, realised I did not want to live in a house with a white picket fence, then moved to Melbourne looking for something more
- Experienced my second dark night of the soul
- Reimagined and pivoted my career and life for the second time in another new city, still working in the corporate world
- Discovered personal development and new ways of thinking and living
- Began a deep dive into topics like self-improvement, quantum physics, spirituality, business, conspiracy theories (that are proving not to be theory), reality, health, relationships…
- Experienced my third dark night of the soul and burned out with chronic fatigue
TESTING LIFE AS A BLONDE, 2011 | no, it’s not real
ST KILDA GARDENS, MELBOURNE, 2013
- Reimagined and pivoted my career and life for the third time to teach design and architecture, work less and reconnect with my soul
- Divinely inspired to start writing my first book “Unity” in 2019
- Divinely inspired to start this business and share what I had learned… then stopped
- Spent 186 days in the world’s most locked-down city(Melbourne) then left and returned to where I had come from, but as a totally different person
- Experienced my fourth dark night of the soul – but way faster, with so much understanding and more inspired than before!
- Relocated back to the Gold Coast
- Reimagined my career and life for the fourth time. I finally aligned everything and committed to working for myself
- Started building my YouTube Channel “Liz Watt | Practical Spirituality”
- Finished and published my first book “Unity | How the universe, the world and YOU really work”
- Developed and launched my first program, “Essence | Divine Soul Purpose” – coming soon!
I see more and more every day that everything in my life has been leading to this work. I am so at peace now that I let my purpose and soul lead.
TAKING A BREAK FROM VIDEO FILMING, 2022
JODPHUR, INDIA, 2005
If you want to know more, here are five things you might not know about me.
01 | I’ve had 40+ “jobs” or employers in 30 years, some truly awful. It took a while, but I finally realised I was never meant to be an employee.
02 | At heart, I am a true introvert. My extroversion and confidence to organise a crowd is a learned skill. Nothing pleases me more than to curl up with a chai, a journal, my favourite fountain pen and my inner world.
03 | I thought I was in love once, but today have a deeper understanding of what love is and realise it wasn’t. Now I start with loving myself.
04 | I am grateful for everything – the good, bad and ugly. I never feel as humble or grateful for everything in my life as I do when I travel to a developing country and a family who lives in a dirt-floor shack in Cambodia invites you to share their meal. When I am surrounded by people complaining about life and ignorant of their freedoms and gifts, it’s time for a reality check.
05 | I have a natural ability to draw and paint. I dip into it on and off. My easel is set up for the first time in years, and I know inspiration is near.
If you got this far, thank you!!!
In case you want it, here’s the Official Bio…
I’m an online educator, author, truth seeker, free thinker, spiritual ally and awakening soul.
I help smart, creative people design and create a purpose-led and aligned business and life and make a difference – easier and faster. Because the world needs what you have to give. More than ever.
I have formal qualifications in architecture and business and spent twenty years as an architect, project manager and design teacher. Over the last 12 years I have undertaken extensive independent study in the areas of human potential, online business, personal development, spirituality and much more. I combine and apply this knowledge and experience to the design and creation of an aligned business and life.
After multiple decades of trying to figure out where I fit in, I finally took a leap of faith to follow my purpose and create a life and business truly my own. I now have the privilege of supporting other smart, creative people to do the same.
Outside of my work I love learning, writing, painting, yin yoga, beach walks, systems and chai tea. I am a perpetual student of life.
Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment TAE40110
Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
Registered Architect | ARBV#16911
Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) (1st and 2nd years)
Bachelor of Architecture (Honours IIa)
Bachelor of Design Studies
Access Consciousness® Bars Practitioner
The Art Of Feminine Presence™ | Teacher Training Level I
Equilibration Process® Practitioner
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner
NLP Presenter & Trainer | Level I
Master Ericksonian Hypnotherapist
Are You Looking For
purpose + passion?
Do you love all things personal development, spirituality, and creating purpose-led biz and life?? Jump into the newsletter.